Reception Class Teacher
Required for September 2019
St Catherine’s is an outstanding, warm and friendly Barnet school with a strong caring ethos.
We are looking for an inspiring Class Teacher to join our team teaching a Reception class from September 2019. The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for teaching and strives to be outstanding in all areas
- Has high expectations of pupils
- Will challenge and motivate pupils
- Has good organisational skills
- Is fun and dynamic
- Is willing to participate in the Catholic life of the school.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive Catholic community
- Children whose behaviour is exemplary and who are keen to learn
- A supportive and caring staff team
- A strong commitment to innovative professional development
- A bright, modern and well-resourced environment.
- Supportive parents who take a keen interest in their children’s learning
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 020 8440 4946 to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 2nd April at 11am.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 4th April
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com
NQTs are very welcome to apply for this post.
St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Mealtime Supervisor Role
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: Barnet Grade A FTE £19,914 to £20,007 (actual £4,843 to £4,866)
St Catherine’s School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring person to join our team as a Midday Supervisor. This position is required for 10 hours per week, working 11.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday. The role is term time only.
The Midday Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the care and wellbeing of the children during their lunch period, both inside the dining hall and outside on the playground. This role is an important one to ensure the smooth running of the busy lunch time. The main duties inside will be to prepare and reset the dining hall tables ready for the students and to maintain a calm and orderly environment, and outside to ensure a safe play environment and good behaviour at all times.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the children in the dining hall at lunch times, being aware of pupils’ activities at all times
- Ensure polite behaviour at lunch tables and offer assistance to pupils requiring help with their lunches
- Facilitate smooth running of the meal service by assisting with plates / water / cutlery
- Supervise the children on the playground and organise engaging play activities
- Administer minor first aid as required
- Assist the kitchen with clearing/rubbish/tables as required
- Clear and store the playground equipment as required
- On wet days, supervise a class of children within the classroom, encouraging calm activities
The above duties may be in any key stage within the school, from Nursery to Year 6.
Please visit our school website, https://st-catherines.barnet.sch.uk for further information about the school. Application Forms can be downloaded from below. Completed application forms should be returned to the school office via EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 11th February 2019.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date, so please do not delay in submitting your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.