At St. Catherine’s, we are committed to providing children of nursery and primary school ages with a child centered learning environment where all children flourish socially, emotionally, academically, physically and spiritually. Each child is encouraged to achieve their full potential and celebrate their uniqueness. At the heart of this is our strong caring ethos based on mutual respect and gospel values. The school actively promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
St. Catherine’s was considered by Ofsted as outstanding in all categories in 2009; our pupil achievement and challenge partner reviews continue to support this judgement. This confirms our commitment to high standards and expectations for all pupils.
Our children and their families tell us pupils are happy and feel safe. We encourage strong home school links where communication is key. We operate an open door policy where all members of our professional teaching and leadership team are available to discuss your child’s progress/welfare. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we have built with all members of our community.
Key features of our school are:
- A creative, dynamic curriculum which takes account of the interest and needs of our diverse community.
- newly refurbished dynamic learning environments.
- exciting playground with a multi use games area.
- Music specialist teaching from nursery to Year 6, school orchestra and choir.
- Language specialist teaching French from years 1 to 6.
- 21st century wireless ICT provision across the school includes the use of ipads and state of the art smart screens.
- Successful PHSE programme where all pupils are encouraged to support each other including peer mentoring and a School Council.
- Exciting and varied class visits to support the curriculum.
As an extended school, we run a breakfast club and after-school club. We also offer clubs such as football, chess, gymnastics, drama and dance.
Finally, it is the strong and committed team of staff, parents and governors which make our school the happy and successful place it is.
We are very proud of the standards of education and pupil engagement at St Catherine’s and our children are a testament to that. We would encourage any prospective families to come and visit our school to witness pupils flourishing in this environment.