Dear Parents and Carers,
I’llI’m you’re can’t haven’t they’re you’ve hasn’t aren’t couldn’t
Please practise the 10, 5, 2, 3, 4 and 8 times tables and related division facts.
We look forward to hearing who has been victorious in this week’s competition out of year 3 and 4 tomorrow! The next Times Tables Rockstars battle will be between year 3 boys and year 3 girls, beginning tomorrow and ending next Thursday.
In addition, please use Hit the button (Hit the Button – Quick fire maths practise for 6-11 year olds (topmarks.co.uk)) to practise division facts.
Learning next week:
- To add lengths
- To subtract lengths
- To learn about perimeter.
- We will be writing newspaper articles using fronted adverbials, newspaper features and direct speech.
- To know that Jesus returned and reflect on what this means for us.
Science/ Forest School
- Our next science learning will take place in Forest School.
- We will compare and group together different kinds of rocks on the basis of their appearance and simple physical properties
- We will be discussing that there are a broad range of different jobs/careers and that people can have more than one career/job during their life
- Please talk to your child about the different job roles of people in your family so that they have an idea of some different jobs
- To identify and use repetitions or loops in a program sequence, predicting outcomes and noticing and correcting any mistakes
- We will apply our learning so far to create repeating patterns on Scratch.
- We will compare parts of a volcano and compare and contrast a historic eruption with a modern one.
- Please find the knowledge organiser for this half term attached.
Mrs Ball and Miss Grace