Dear Parents and Carers,
Spellings: ‘i’ sound
gymnasticswomen cygnet bicycle pyramid gypsy myth mystery hymn syrup
Please practise the 10, 5, 2, 3, 4 and 8 times tables and related division facts.
We look forward to hearing who has been victorious in this week’s competition out of year 3 boys and year 3 girls on Thursday! The next Times Tables Rockstars battle will be between year 3 and 4, beginning tomorrow and ending next Thursday.
In addition, please use Hit the button (Hit the Button – Quick fire maths practise for 6-11 year olds (topmarks.co.uk)) to practise division facts.
Learning next week:
- To calculate perimeter
- End of block assessment
- To know the denominator of unit fractions.
To know the features of poems. To write similes about volcanoes. To use adverbs to describe the actions of volcanoes (double ly sentences).
- To know what happened at Pentecost.
To describe in simple terms how fossils are formed when things that have lived are trapped within rock
- We will be discussing the different ways we can pay for things other than cash e.g. debit cards, credit cards, online payments
- To identify and use repetitions or loops in a program sequence, predicting outcomes and noticing and correcting any mistakes
- We will apply our learning so far to create repeating patterns on Scratch.
- To describe everyday life in ancient Rome, including aspects, such as jobs, houses, buildings, food and schooling.
Mrs Ball and Miss Grace