Dear Parents and Carers,
Please find our weekly update below. Please take the time to review the list of reminders at the bottom of this email. If you have any questions, please speak to your class teacher.
Phonics: This week in Phonics, we have been reviewing the following phoneme-grapheme correspondences.
- /ie/ in pie,
- /i-e/ in time,
- /o/ in go,
- /o-e/ in home.
We have been reviewing these tricky words:
What can I do at home?
Read with your child at least 10 minutes per day. Sound out words on fingers or out loud. Children should identify digraphs and trigraphs they can see first. Children can chunk the word (splitting the word into chunks to decode). For example: feel/ling.
Please continue to practise recalling and writing the tricky words from this week and previous terms. I have attached the Phonics Home learning from for this week in the email also.
Maths: In Maths this week we have been measuring using non-standard measures and rulers.
What can I do at home?
Visit Purple Mash for learning that has been set for week. If your child would like to complete more maths work, we would advise that you print out the Purple Mash page and complete the learning on paper. This will minimise their screen time and to allow them to write numbers and practise their screen time.
Literacy: This week in Literacy we continued with our Hansel and Gretel writing. We have also introduced time connectives and imperative verbs to say instructions aloud.
Handwriting: This week the children have been correctly forming the letter ‘m’ and ‘n’.
RE: This week in RE, we have continued with our new topic: Resurrection. We have learnt that Jesus appeared to his disciples after he died, and discussed how the disciples must have been feeling. We role played this story as a class.
PE: The children have continued with their new topic, and been practising their ball skills using their feet.
Forest School: The children have been particularly excited to have their Forest School lessons again. This week, we made our Woodland Crowns using natural resources from the Forest Area.
- A polite reminder to return all books on a Wednesday (reading record, home-school books and library books).
- A polite reminder that 1K’s PE days are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, whilst, 1N’s PE days are on Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Mrs. Grace has asked if possible, could parents bring in any compost they might have.
- Thank you to all the parents who brought in the cardboard boxes. As always, any junk modelling is appreciated (pebbles, stones, leaves, sticks, buttons, bottle lids).
- Sibling photographs will take place next week on Thursday 4th May 2023.
- Our Coronation Celebration Day is taking place on Friday 5th May 2023.
Thank you for all your continued support!
Miss. Kyriacou, Mr. Noel and Mrs. Byrne