RE: As this Sunday is the first Sunday of Advent, we are going to reflect on how we can prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus; including making our Advent Promises.
Writing: We will be writing descriptive sentences, using some interesting adjectives. We will also be looking at comic strips and having a go at creating our own!
Phonics: We will be learning more Phase 5 sounds: ir – third, ie – tie, ue – argue, u (yoo) – uicorn
Our tricky words of the week will be: their, people, oh, your
Reviewing the words: here, today, one
What can I do at home? 10 minutes daily reading!
D&T/Science: We will continue to talk about superfoods and eating healthily. We will be using adjectives to describe the smells and tastes such as crisp, crunchy, juicy, sweet and sour.
Maths: This week we will be introduced to place value. We will look at numbers 11-20, counting forward and backward, writing them in numerals and words. We will start looking at how many tens and ones are in each number.
What can I do at home? You can support your child at home by practising forming the numbers correctly and writing them in words.
Children are familiar with Topmarks games. Please use the game below to support your child with their tens and ones understanding
You can also find a lot of fun games on Purple Mash.
PSHE-RHE: This week we will be looking at strategies to manage our feelings and we will be looking at how each choice we make has consequences.
– Nativity costumes are due on Monday 29th, please make sure all items are labelled and the bag itself has a name on it too!
– Year 1 have their flu sprays on Tuesday 30th November
– Tracksuit bottoms to be worn on Tuesday as this is our Forest School day
Dates for your diaries:
– Unite the Uniform Day is on Friday 3rd December
– Year 1 school trip on Tuesday 7th December
– Xmas Jumper Day is on Friday 10th December