RE: We will come to understand that God asked Mary to be the mother of his son and reflect on her response. We will also hear about Mary’s visit to her cousin.
Writing: We will be writing descriptive sentences, using some interesting adjectives. We will be writing Fact Files – about our Superhero selves!
Phonics: We will be reviewing the following digraphs: er oo oo ai ee igh ee ear air as well as the Phase 5 graphemes we have learnt previously: ay – play, ou – cloud, oy – toy, ea – each.
Our tricky words of the week will be: all are I of one here today
We have been working on our oral blending, using our fingers to segment. Encourage your child to oral blend/ read the following words: forest, second, treat, cloud, proud, found, looking, enjoy, joy, tray, stay, each, farmyard, powder, destroy.
What can I do at home? 10 minutes daily reading!
Maths: We will learn to recognise and sort 3D and 2D shapes
D&T/Science: As part of our Superhero day, we are going to be describing how particular foods smell and taste. We will be using adjectives such as crisp, crunchy, juicy, sweet and sour. We are going to learn about healthy superfoods that a superhero would need to eat to grow strong and stay fit and well.
We are going to be sampling distinctive flavours, like mint, orange, lemon, banana, pepper, pineapple and ginger.
If you have any questions or queries about this please speak to a member of the Year 1 Team.
PSHE/RHE: We are going to learn that our bodies are good and we need to look after them. We will talk about what constitutes a healthy lifestyle, in particular, diet and healthy eating.
– Year 1 have their class photos on Monday
– SUPERHERO DAY is on Tuesday, please note – there is no need to buy anything for this day – we want the children to come as their ‘Superhero Self’ – a cape with your child’s initials on will be super special!
– Tracksuit bottoms to be worn on Tuesday as this is our Forest School day
– If you have any questions or queries about our Superfood sampling activity please speak to a member of the Year 1 Team.
Dates for your diaries:
– Children in Need day THIS Friday
– St Catherine’s Day is on Thursday 25th Nov