RE: We will be learning to recognise and retell the story of Creation. We will use drama, music and role-play to explore this story so we can re-tell and act it out by ourselves.
Writing – Topic – Science: We will continue to explore and identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body. We will say and describe which part of the body is associated with each sense.
What can I do at home? Please support your child at home by providing lots of opportunities for writing for a purpose. Invitations, birthday cards, shopping lists, recipes, recounts from the weekend, to-do lists, bedroom plans…are just a few examples of meaningful and contextual writing.
Phonics: We will be working on our decoding skills, developing our fluency and accuracy in our reading. This weeks digraphs are: oo (short) oo (long) ar and or. Tricky words of the week: we and be
We have attached a Phase 3 and a Phase 2-5 tricky word mat for you to use at home.
What can I do at home? 10 minutes daily reading! Please support your child at home by reading together and talking about what is happening at different points throughout the story, make predictions and discuss characters and setting. You may wish to challenge your child by also making them be digraph detectives within their reading!
Please practice reading and spelling the Year 1 Common Exception words.
Maths: This week we are learning to order numbers form smallest to greatest. We will also be introduced to ordinal numbers ie first, second, third etc.
What can I do at home? You can support your child’s learning by continuing to count with them. You can also use the link below to practise ordering numbers at home:
RHE: This week we will continue with the Gospel story of God welcoming the children to Him. We will discuss:
· We are created individually by God
· God wants us to talk to Him often through the day and treat Him as our best friend
· God has created us, His children, to know, love and serve Him in this life and forever – this is our purpose and goal and will bring us true happiness
· We are created as a unity of body, mind and spirit: who we are matters and what we do matters
· We can give thanks to God in different ways
PSHE: This week we will be talking about things that can be harmful and how to use them properly.
– Children will bring home their chosen Library book and banded books on Thursday. Please make sure your child has their books in their bag, ready to return, every Thursday.
– Please ensure that your child has their reading record at school every day.
– Please ensure your child has a labelled water bottle at school.
-Please make sure all items of uniform are labelled, this helps with getting our home-things ready on time and supports the children in being independent and looking after their belongings.
– PE days are Wednesdays and Fridays. Children to wear shorts on Friday.